It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.
I am a proud military spouse and mother of three children. I am also a licensed professional counselor in training, registered occupational therapist, lactation counselor, and infant mental health endorsed family specialist. My supervisor is Emily Hagenmaier, LCSW. To support well-being and development, I combine a strong foundation in body based philosophies, along with counseling techniques in a way that is unique to the field and supports not only the client but all those who support that person.
For 18 years, I have provided services for infants, children, and adults in private practice, birth to three, preschools, and intensive autism programs. I volunteer as a La Leche League Leader in the Madison Area Chapter. In addition, I serve as a consultant for Reach Dane Early Head Start and Head Start Preschools in addition to the University of Wisconsin Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health and Development Consultation Program. I am also a Newborn Observation trainer through the University of Wisconsin Madison and the Brazleton Institute.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Infant, Early Childhood and Family Mental Health Capstone program and Infant Mental Health Endorsement as an Infant Family Specialist.
- Child Parent Psychotherapy — an evidenced-based model for treating infant and early childhood trauma.
- Newborn Observation (NBO) trainer
- PSI’s Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders training
- Sensory Integration and Praxis Tests (SIPT) through Western Psychological Services Comprehensive Program in Sensory Integration
- Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration (MNRI®)
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Therapeutic Listening
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) approach to feeding
- Tube feeding with love
- Beckman oral motor program
In my free time, I love hot yoga, curling up with a good book and exploring the outdoors with my family.